When you’re shopping for specs, one of the most important factors to consider is your face shape. Luckily, tracking down a just-right frame for your face shape is easy. If you’re browsing for eyewear on Quay’s website, you can even use our virtual sunglasses try-on tool to help you determine your face shape and try on glasses online.
Finding Your Face Shape
Figuring out your face shape can be as easy as paying attention to your facial structure. If you’ve been wondering what your face shape is, it’s likely one of these five silhouettes.
- Round: Along with featuring curves, round faces have an even width to height ratio. Angular square and rectangular frames especially complement round faces, but shields and oversized silhouettes can work beautifully, too.
- Oval: Oval faces are very similar to round ones, but they’re taller than they’re wide. Again, squares work well with oval-shaped faces, but you could also mix it up with shields and cat eyes.
- Square: Square faces are all about the angles. You can complement them with square frames or soften those angles with circular picks.
- Heart: If you have a heart-shaped face, that means that your forehead is the widest part of your face, while the chin is the narrowest. Frames that bring attention to eye level -– think trendy patterns and bold silhouettes – pair perfectly with a heart-shaped face.
- Triangle: Triangular faces are essentially inverted heart faces. Again, bold patterns can work wonderfully, as well as frames that bring attention to the upper part of the face — think cat eyes and oval shapes.
Along with face shape, consider sunglass size and bridge alignment for a just-right fit.
While it’s easy to determine your face shape, you can also get a little help with Quay’s Virtual Try-On Tool. As its name implies, it allows you to try sunglasses online. After a few facial alignment exercises, the tool will tell you your face shape, pupillary distance, and face width, plus generate tips on finding glasses that suit you. You can then click into the “Virtual Try-On” button on the right-hand corner of each product image to see how Quay sunnies look on you. It’s that easy!
Figuring out your face shape will help you narrow your sunnies search, but don’t be afraid to test out different eyeglass styles — rules are meant to be broken, after all. Quay’s collection features many versatile sunglasses, and the sunglasses Virtual Try-On Tool will give you the opportunity to test them all. Searching for a throwback aviator with modern specs appeal? Pop on HIGH KEY. You can also keep it catty with a cat eye like NOOSA or shield up in NIGHTFALL. Love a circular style? Round out your look BIG TIME. The possibilities are endless, and it’s never been easier to virtually try on glasses.
To discover your face shape and test out the sleekest eyewear styles from the comforts of your home, check out Quay’s Virtual Try-On Tool.