you asked, we answered
Everything you need to know about Rx and non-Rx frames
HOW DO I GET QUAYRX GLASSES?
- Obtain a valid, unexpired prescription from an optometrist.
- Order your prescription glasses online and in-store for just $125. We are excited to offer QUAYRx at select stores. Find your nearest location here.
- For online orders, you'll receive your prescription glasses within 17-20 days after your prescription is validated. After submitting your order, please allow up to 14 days before receiving a shipping confirmation email.
- We can only complete your order once we have all your prescription information, so keep an eye out for emails about missing information once you place your order. If you have questions or issues, you can reach out to email@example.com
WHERE DO I UPLOAD MY GLASSES PRESCRIPTION?
- You will be prompted to upload your glasses prescription during checkout.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE MY PRESCRIPTION ON HAND?
- Don't worry. Choose the Send Later option & one of our Customer Care Associates will follow up with you.
I DON’T HAVE A PRESCRIPTION; WHAT DO I DO?
- Call up your regular optometrist and make an appointment. Ask your doctor to include your pupillary distance (PD) measurement on your prescription. The average adult PD is 54-74 mm.
MY PRESCRIPTION IS EXPIRED; WHAT DO I DO?
- If you're currently unable to obtain a current, valid prescription, use this link to renew your prescription with VISIBLY
- Visibly offers an easy-to-use digital vision test.
HOW DO I FIND MY PD?
- Learn how to measure your PD here.
WHY DO I NEED A PD?
- A pupillary distance (PD) is the distance between the center of each pupil. This measurement is used to determine where you will look through the lens of your glasses.
HOW CAN MY PRESCRIPTION DATA BE USED?
- Quay stores do not keep physical copies of prescriptions. After you’ve made your purchase, they’re kept within your customer profile, which you can access here.
- Your prescription information is for reference purposes only.
WHAT IS A VALID GLASSES PRESCRIPTION?
- We consider a valid prescription an unexpired Rx with your doctor’s name and license number.
- Glasses prescriptions are different from a contact lens Rx. We do not accept contact lens prescriptions.
WHAT IS THE RANGE OF PRESCRIPTIONS YOU CAN FILL?
- We currently fill single vision prescriptions that are +4 to -6 in power with a +/-4 and astigmatism.
CAN YOU FILL GLASSES WITH PRISM?
- Yes! We accept prescriptions with up to +4 prism correction.
WHAT IS SINGLE VISION?
- Single vision lenses are made with one prescription throughout the entire lens to correct for a specific field of vision (distance, computer, or reading). This is the best option for you if you're nearsighted or farsighted.
- Distance: To be used for everyday activities
- Computer: To be used to view objects about 24 inches from your eyes.
- Reading: To be used to view objects about 12 inches from your eyes.
I AM NOT SURE WHAT TYPE OF PRESCRIPTION I HAVE.
- Most people need a single-vision prescription correction. If you have an “ADD” power, progressive lenses are recommended. Currently, QUAYRx is only available in single vision.
WHAT IF I HAVE A PRESCRIPTION FOR PROGRESSIVE LENSES?
- We're happy to make single-vision lenses from your progressive prescription. A QUAYRx Customer Care Associate will contact you for more information after placing your order.
I WANT TO ORDER MORE THAN 1 PAIR OF GLASSES, DO THEY HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME RX?
- You can order as many pairs as you’d like with a different Rx in each pair. When ordering, you will be able to select which Rx you want in each pair.
I ALREADY HAVE A PAIR OF QUAYS THAT I LOVE. CAN I SEND THEM IN TO HAVE MY PRESCRIPTION PUT IN?
- QUAYRx glasses are available as a complete package, which includes frames + lenses for just $125. If you have a pair you want to turn into prescription glasses, you’ll need to check with your local optometrist to have your prescription lenses made + fitted for your current Quays.
- Our frames are made to hold prescription lenses. But many factors like eye size and prescription strength allow an Rx lens to be mounted in a frame. We also cannot guarantee that all optical providers will fill prescriptions for frames not purchased from their store.
I AM AN INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER (OUTSIDE THE US). CAN I ORDER PRESCRIPTION GLASSES?
- Currently, we only ship QUAYRx domestically within the US (50 states-including Washington D.C).
- We are working on bringing QUAYRx to Australia, UK & Europe – Stay Tuned.
WHAT DO I GET FOR $125?
- For $125, our QUAYRx glasses include frames + prescription lenses with serious specs appeal. Our prescription lenses are high-index and feature blue light filtering, anti-reflection, UV protection, and scratch- and smudge-resistance. Plus, all orders come with a hard case + microfiber cloth.
Do you have PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES?
- Absolutely! Check out our full prescription sunglasses collection here.
TELL ME ABOUT THE LENSES. WHAT FEATURES ARE INCLUDED?
- Blue light technology
- Anti-reflective, scratch + smudge-resistant coating
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Thin, light, and 1.60 high-index lenses
WHAT IS UVA/UVB?
- UV rays – or ultraviolet radiation – is the part of sunlight that can cause sunburn, skin damage, and skin cancer. Like sunscreen for your skin, UV protection can help protect your eyes from harmful rays, which can cause damage to your eyes and the skin around your eyes.
WHAT IS BLUE LIGHT TECHNOLOGY?
- Quay Blue Light glasses feature lenses with Blue Light Technology, which may help filter certain High Energy Visible (HEV) light from digital screens that, in some people, may contribute to symptoms like tired eyes, vision blur, and sleeplessness.
WHAT DOES ANTI-REFLECTIVE MEAN?
- Anti-reflective coating is a great solution to help reduce haze or glare from poor lighting conditions. The visual benefits of lenses with anti-reflective coating may include sharper vision with less glare and greater comfort during prolonged screen time.
- With reflections reduced, the lenses look nearly invisible, drawing more attention to your eyes and helping you make better "eye contact" with others.
WHAT IS A HIGH-INDEX LENS?
- High-index lenses use less material to correct your vision, resulting in thinner + lighter-weight lenses than standard materials (like polycarbonate). QUAYRx glasses come with high-index 1.60 lenses for a more comfortable wearing experience.
WILL MY QUAYRX LENSES HAVE THE QUAY LOGO?
- Your custom prescription glasses will not have the QUAY logo on the lens. Your lenses will have Quay’s signature specs appeal, including blue light filtering technology, anti-reflection, smudge- and scratch-resistance. If people ask where you got them, say you FOUND YOUR QUAYS.
WILL YOU FILL PRESCRIPTIONS IN FRAMES THAT ARE NOT PURCHASED FROM QUAY?
- At this time, we only fill prescriptions for our QUAYRx frames. Check out the complete collection here.
HOW DO I ADJUST THE FIT?
- Every face requires a custom fit. We want your glasses to be uniquely yours. Many of our glasses feature adjustable nose pads for an easily customized fit, and if you need further adjustments, we always recommend coming to us. Stop into one of our stores, and the Quay team can help you. Find your nearest location here.
WHAT DO I DO IF I’M EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH MY NEW PRESCRIPTION GLASSES?
- Sometimes, it takes a few days to adjust to a new prescription, but if you’re having ongoing trouble:
- For QUAYRx purchases made at a store, stop by the location where you bought your glasses.
- For QUAYRx purchases made on Quay.com, contact us at QUAYRx@quayaustralia.com.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COMPLETE MY ORDER?
- For online orders, you'll receive your prescription glasses within 17-20 days after your prescription is validated. After submitting your order, please allow up to 10 days before receiving a shipping confirmation email.
HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY ORDER IS ON THE WAY?
- Following your order confirmation, you will receive an email confirmation with a tracking number once your order has shipped.
- QUAYRx glasses are custom-made for you, so it can take up to 14 days to receive a shipping confirmation. Need more info? Email us at QUAYRx@quayaustralia.com.
HOW DO I CHECK THE STATUS OF MY ORDER?
- Email us at QUAYRx@quayaustralia.com.
WHAT IS THE RETURN POLICY ON PRESCRIPTION GLASSES?
- For QUAYRx purchases made at a store, stop by the location you bought your glasses + return them within 30 days.
- For QUAYRx purchases made on Quay.com, initiate your return within 30 days here: https://www.quay.com/returns
WHAT IS YOUR WARRANTY/GUARANTEE?
- Our warranty extends to 12 months from the purchase date to cover manufacturing defects. The warranty does not cover lost items, scratches due to normal wear and tear, or accidental damage.
- If you have issues with your prescription glasses, email us at QUAYRx@quayaustralia.com.
WHAT IS VISION INSURANCE?
Vision insurance is a health and wellness plan designed to reduce the cost of eye care and prescription eyewear.
DOES QUAY ACCEPT VISION INSURANCE?
Quay is an out-of-network provider for all vision insurance plans, which means we don’t bill insurance plans. Customers who buy Quay prescription eyewear and have a vision insurance plan with out-of-network benefits can submit their itemized receipt to their vision insurance for reimbursement.
HOW CAN I FILE FOR REIMBURSEMENT?
- Purchase your Quay prescription eyewear.
- Log on to your vision insurance website and locate the reimbursement form.
- Fill it out and submit it with your itemized receipt.
I NEED AN ITEMIZED STATEMENT:
Quay is considered an out-of-network provider, so you can apply for reimbursement if you have an out-of-network benefit in your vision insurance.
Due to QUAYRx glasses being an all-inclusive package deal of $125-185, we cannot provide an itemized statement. Most insurances accept our confirmation email for reimbursement.
If you need additional assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FSA VS. HSA, WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
FSAs and HSAs are tax-advantaged accounts that allow people to set aside pre-tax dollars to cover eligible healthcare expenses. What’s the difference? FSAs are only available through an individual’s employer benefit package, and any unused funds typically expire at the end of each year. In contrast, HSAs are available through private insurance plans and employer-sponsored benefit packages, and unused funds often roll over annually.
DOES QUAY ACCEPT FSA AND HSA?
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR VISION CARE PLAN ADMINISTRATOR FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING COVERAGE.
STYLE ME, PLEASE–WHAT IS MY FACE SHAPE?
- Close to a Quay store? Please stop in and let one of our stylists help you find the perfect pair for your face + vibe. Find your face shape online if you’re not near a Quay store.
- Not close to a store? Peep Our Prescription Bestsellers or Use our Virtual Try-On to find your Quays: Virtual Try On