The Social Media Manager is responsible for the strategic development and execution of social media and digital initiatives, including developing and managing viral social marketing campaigns, creating and supervising high-profile social channels, curating user-generated content and integrating social media into the overall business strategy. The Social Media Manager is also responsible for integrating with Global PR on influencer selection/their scope/KPI’s etc.
The position requires a strong understanding of social media trends and their impact on the brand. This role coordinates closely with Marketing, PR, Ecomm, Email, Wholesale and others to create and drive a social media strategy that supports the brand. The position ensures our social media and consumer-generated content is fully integrated with other marketing and operational efforts across the brand.
- Formulate a grand vision and social media strategy for Quay Australia through original campaigns, content and creative development, strategic partnerships, influencer relations, and collaboration with internal marketing teams and outside agencies.
- Create and execute social media content and content calendar that will engage, grow, and convert followers.
- Ensure Quay Australia’s brand and reputation are enhanced by social media activities; integrate with PR for live event coverage and customer service to actively manage through communications issues using social media.
- Coordinate the planning of social media campaigns, ensuring customer acquisition and supporting key marketing initiatives including social media-driven sweepstakes, promotions, and offers on all relevant social platforms
- Ensure the adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company's products and services
- Work closely with website operations and IT on the development of new social site enhancements (Facebook Connect, Pin for Points, etc.) as well as help build Quay Australia’s blog.
- Work closely with Digital team in development and distribution of content to help improve rankings and gain page one rankings on the SERP (search engine results page) for our social environments (ex. Facebook, Pinterest, You Tube. Etc.)
- Review new social media technology, and make recommendations to upper management regarding potential partnerships
- Source and manage relationships with strategic partners, production contractors (ex. photographers, content writers), social media agencies and social monitoring platforms to support and develop operational and commercial opportunities
- Provide customer insights, benchmarks and analyze data, to inform company-wide decisionmaking and commercial campaign targets are met
- Monitor industry trends in social media and application, acting as subject matter expert within the company
- Monitor the competition and be aware of market changes and developments
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Visual intelligence: ability to direct creative development and assess visual assets to understand what will deliver on social, brand, channel best practices and consumer engagement, general knowledge of design in order to create / direct visually appealing graphics and video to engage consumers while keeping on brand
- A visionary; understands: the future of social media, able to interpret data, social analytics / consumer insights to incorporate into content strategies, fast evolution of social media and how it fits in Quay Australia’s world
- Comfortable rolling up their sleeves; can effortlessly balance strategic and tactical aspects of the job
- Strong organizational skills; strategic, proactive and assertive, with a demonstrated ability to anticipate issues
- Creative with a maverick, innovative spirit; idea driven
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, real-time and dynamic environment.
- Strong collaborator and team player. Skilled at getting results both directly and indirectly.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, PR, Journalism or related field required
- 4+ years of interactive marketing experience, with proven experience in Social Media •Fashion/Accessories experience preferred
- Knows the ins and outs of social channels and uses them effectively for work including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and Twitter
- Ability to utilize use cases and data analysis to present/pitch concepts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and marketing tools (ex. Facebook Power Editor, CRM Management tool, Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Core Metrics, Kenshoo, Adobe Social, Curalate, etc.)
TO APPLY, EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO INFO@QUAYAUSTRALIA.COM WITH THE JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.